Meeting Minutes # 7
Gloria Jean's Cafe, Fort Bonifacio
1. Sponsorship Committee (represented by Tere Cervero,
Alex Loinaz and Mike Lu).
1.1 Pioneer Insurance signed up as one of the sponsors.
1.2 For the souvenir program, only P 55,000.00 has been
received which is exactly the total cost of printing the
souvenir program. The committee requests members to turn
over collected solicitations and the ad layouts ASAP. The
souvenir program has yet to printed and deadline is on Friday,
2. Venue Committee (represented by Arnel Telesforo and Jon
2.1 Stage dimensions are 12' x 24' x 3' and tarp designed
for the stage is 3' x 8'. One tarp will be displayed on
the facade of the Eduardo Aboitiz Studies Center next week.
2.2 Waterfront Hotel will make a welcome streamer for the
delegates and to be displayed at the Arrival section of
the airport. WBCP needs to get a permit from the City Mayor's
2.3 250 pcs of Festival posters with sponsors and exhibtors
logos have been printed and will be brought to Cebu next
week by Mike.
3. Reservations Committee (represented by Mike Lu): 22 hotel
rooms reserved. Additionbal room reservations to be finalized
2 weeks before the bird festival.
4. Press release (represented by Leni Sutcliffe, Eric Patdu):
2nd press release featuring the Cebu Flowerpecker has been
sent to different newspaper organizations. Only Malaya (in
full) has printed the article, so far.
5. Exhibitors Committee (represented by Anna Gonzales, Joel
Jorda, Tintin Telesforo and Felix Servita) has written the
exhibitors to ask for basic information (number of participants,
their flight schedule and other requirements). Another letter
will be sent to ask for confirmation of participation in
the different programs in order to know number of particpants
per activity (ie Birdquest, Exhibitor's time).
6. Souvenir Program (represented by Trinket Canlas and Adri
Constantino) Draft of the souvenir program was presented
by the committee. Only waiting for the sponsor's ads to
finalize the layout.
7. Program Committee (represented by Rich Pijuan, Mark Villa,
7.1 Joint Welcome Remarks by Festival chairs Alice Villa-Real
and Nilo Arribas to include acknowledgement of sponsors,
exhibitors and other guests. Members who have invited guests
must inform festival committee ie LGU official from Malaybalay,
Candaba and Puerto Princesa.
8. Transport Committee (represented by Ixi Mapua and Mark
Villa) Waterfront Hotel will provide one round-trip transport
to the delegates. Other transport requirements will be finalized
after delegates have confirmed their arrival/departure schedules.
9. Food Committee (represented by Ixi Mapua and Mark Villa)
Waterfront Hotel menu for September 21 has been handed to
the committee. Breakfast for September 22 will be held at
the EADSC, lunch and dinner will be provided by WWF.
1. Invitation to the Opening Ceremonies of the Birdfest
has been printed and will be distributed to sponsors and
2. Festival committee has approved video documentation at
3. Reception and exhibitors committees have handed a list
of required materials.
4. Backstage "boys" are Arnel Telesforo, Adri
Constantino and Felix Servita
4. Anna Gonzales appointed as Floor Director with Production
Assistants Drew Galano, Mark Villa, Joel Jorda, Joel Gaviola