Meeting Minutes # 8 and notes from Programs/Games/Exhibitors
August 29-30, 2007
Anna Gonzales and Mike Lu went to Cebu City for a couple of days
to tie-up loose ends in the preparation for the bird festival.
Here are the results of the meetings, including updates as of
September 7, 2007.
Cebu City Hall
Mayor Tommy Osmena/City Administrator Francisco Fernandez
1. Welcome Dinner to be hosted by Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmena
at the Port Seafood Restaurant (Waterfront Hotel) for 70 delegates.
2. Provide 2 buses for transport to SRP on September 21 and to
Olango on September 22.
3. Festival streamer (designed by Arnel Telesforo) to be hoisted
in front of City Hall.
4. City Hall to invite 300 high school and 300 grade school students
to the bird fest.
5. Mayor to keynote speech at the Opening Ceremonies
6. Mayor asks WBCP opinion on SRP birdwatching and asked to stay
for the presscon with local media. The interview on SRP was published
on all 3 local dailies the next day and on GMA-7 news.
Eduardo Aboitiz Center
1. Posters handed over to RAFI for distribution to schools.
2. 311 high school students confirmed participation in the morning
session. 328 grade school students confirmed participation in
the afternoon session.
1. Hand over invitation and festival posters. Posters to be put
on board all 18 vessels of Sulpicio Lines.
1. Meeting with Ray Guinto and Louie Palang to check on sound
system requirements. Price quote to be sent.
1. Meeting with Patty Adversario, Louie Palang, Lisa Paguntalan
and Godo Jakosalem to discuss plans for Olango.
2. Since 100 grade school students woud attend the morning session
and 100 high school students will attend the afternoon session,
it was agreed to split the group into 4. The 4 assigned leaders
per group are Lisa Paguntalan, Godfrey Jakosalem, Nilo Arribas
and Lala Espanola. Other members will be assigned as assistant
Meeting with Nilo Arribas, Louie Palang, Bobby Kintanar and Raul
1. Nilo and Bobby finalized photo selection for the exhibit.
2. developing and frraming to be done in Cebu. Labels will be
done in Manila.
3. Nilo, Raul and Bobby to come up with a photographic guide to
birds of Cebu and Bohol. We strongly recommended that the book
launching be held on the evening of September 21 during the Delegates
Meeting with Jukka Holopainen
1. Hosting whole day on September 21 and evening of September
2. Assign volunteers to man CEAE booth.
3. Jukka to help invite schools and TV contact.
Notes from Program/Games/Exhibit Committees Meeting
September 4, 2007
Seattle's Best Bonifacio High Street
7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
1. Objective of meeting was to run through the schedule to familiarize
the teams with the over-all flow, determine roles/responsibilities
of volunteers; for team members to ask questions, make requests
2. What was not discussed: detailed duties at WBCP booth, registration
committee (except in relation to program, which is to send names
of VIPs to stage for acknowledgment), media relations (except
to distribute program as part of media kit, familiarization with
program), souvenir program, coloring and face painting area, food,
transport, other details of exhibit logistics
3. Detailed schedules per day/segment are attached. There will
be only one main program. Details of "side" programs
& activities are c/o booths and exhibitors. It was found out
that the plan to have scopes and stuffed birds around the ballroom
4. Teams are as follows:
a. "Backstage (sidestage?) boys" (Arnel, Jhoel, Felix,
Adri, Louie): stage management, visuals/audio in between and during
i.e. video/laptop/sounds/music, stage crowd control, cue &
remind presenters (resource persons, exhibitors, etc.), escort
contestants and performers
b. Game committee (Rich, Melanie, Mark, Debbie): finalization
of game mechanics, questions and procedure; game management; to
cue and assist emcees on the games
c. Emcees pool (Drew, Jukka, Anna, Nilo, Nac-C): Facilitate programs/segments,
keep spirit of festival going, prevent "dead air" (Anna
to provide further guidelines for the team through email)
d. Olango teams: Headed by Nilo, Lala, Lisa Marie and Godo. ALL
WBCP members will be assigned to the teams (as much as possible,
encourage everybody to care for the locals, and not just the foreign
delegates; foreing delegates will be encouraged to interact with
e. Script Supervision (Christine) and Media Relations (Joel G):
Christine to be over-all script supervisor (final program design,
additional spiels, changes in program, cuing); Joel to note program
flow for media; both will stay at WBCP booth for easy access;
Joel to help put together media kit (list)
f. Floor Direction: Anna (instructions to teams, resource persons,
5. During "free time" volunteers can "rest"
at the WBCP booth or go around the other tents. Each team to manage
time so that they can work in turns so no one is ?unduly stressed.
6. There will be at least 2 mascots: Black Shama and Katala :)
The Siloy dancers will be in costume, and will need a "dressing
area" (we forgot to discuss where they could have a dressing
7. Questions and requests from members:
a. Request to ID makers to color-code the IDs so that those who
don't know each other well will be grouped together for the welcome
dinner; this is to maximize fellowship among local and international
b. First aid at Olango (who?)
c. All speakers to please coordinate with technical for their
presentation needs (an advisory to exhibitors will be circulated);
attention members Alice/Nicky, Nilo, Lala, Lisa Marie
d. May we borrow bird call recordings (please pass on to technical
team c/o Arnel)
e. Request to Cebu group to please prepare farewell dinner program.