3RD PHILIPPINE BIRD FESTIVAL
Meeting Minutes # 1
UCC Cafe, Mall of Asia
7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Birders : Adri Constantino, Trinket Canlas, Ricky de Castro, Anna
Gonzales, Nicky Icarangal, Mike Lu, Ixi Mapua, Felix Servita,
Arnel Telesforo, Alice Villa-Real
1. The group gave input regarding the draft for the 3rd bird festival
logo designed by Arnel Telesforo. Revisions were made and the final
version has been uploaded on the www.birdwatch.ph
website. Arnel also made wallpapers with the logo and these can
be downloaded from the bird club's website.
2. The bird fest will be held from September 21-22, 2007 in Cebu.
The venue will be the Arctic Room of the Waterfront Cebu City
Hotel and Casino on the first day and the Olango Island Wildlife
sanctuary on the second day. The tentative schedule are as follows:
September 20 - Arrive in Cebu, ingress at Waterfront Hotel, welcome
dinner for participants
September 21 - Birdwatching at the reclamation area, festival
proper, Philippine Duck Forum and closing ceremonies
September 22 - Birdwatching at Olango Island with lectures and
coloring activities for the Olango Island community
September 23 - Departure
3. Sponsorship letters will be distributed to the festival committee
for editing and distribution.
4. Mirant Foundation has signified interest to be the main sponsor.
Other organizations that have expressed interest in the festival
were Cemex, Ramon Aboitiz Foundation and Department of Tourism.
5. If the club is able to solicit enough funds, we intend to shoulder
the airfare and lodging of all the volunteers.
6. Letters of invitation will be sent to different environmental
organizations such as Philippine Eagle Foundation, Katala Foundation,
WWF, CBCF specially to Cebu-based or Visayas-based environmental
7. Invitations will also be sent to the Department of Tourism
and the LGUs who have previously shown interest in promoting ecotourism
such as Malaybalay, Cebu City, etc.
8. Regional bird clubs will also be invited to participate in
the bird fest ie HK, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Taiwan.
9. The Governor of Cebu and the Mayor of Cebu will be invited
as guests of honor.
10. The next meeting will be held on June 2 after the lecture
of Lim Kim Seng. The meeting agenda will tackle the program and
scheduling of deadlines.