1. The race is open to WBCP birdwatchers
2. Each team should have a minimum 3 members and maximum of
4 members with
at least 2 WBCP members.
3. The organizers (Primer Group and WBCP) have the right
to choose the first-timer participants.
4. The first-timer participant will only know which team
he/she will be assigned to on the day of the race.
5. The race will start and end at ROX, Building 1, Bonifacio
High Street, Fort Bonifacio.
6. The race will start on December 1, 2007 at 1500hrs. It
will end on December 2 at 1500hrs. However, you may choose
end any time before 1200 hrs on December 2, 2007.
7. After bird watching on Saturday, Dec. 1 , all team members
must sign-in before 2000 hrs at ROX.
8. All team members must be present at the opening ceremonies
at 1400 hrs Saturday, December 1, on/before the sign-in
time at 2000 hrs Saturday, December 1 and when turning
in the accomplished forms on/before 1200
hrs Sunday, December
9. First and foremost, the Code of Conduct for Birding must
be observed. Put the welfare of the birds and our environment
above the race.
10. All species recorded must be within the boundaries of
the stipulated Metro Manila birding circuit. Birding location
only be announced on
Saturday, December 1.
11. WBCP will provide the Metro Manila Checklist based on
the official WBCP
Philippine Checklist (Allen, Jensen, Pryor). Participants
must tick off the species seen, and advised to put in figures
and locations where the species was first seen.
12. All bird species recorded must be seen and the identity
agreed by ALL members of the team e.g. for teams of three,
all three must see and agree and for teams of four, all four
must see and agree and so forth.
13. The assigned first-timer member of the team must take
notes and be interviewed by the judges to substantiate their
14. Identification of the bird species via the following
ways will not be accepted:
a. hearing birds' calls (nocturnal species included);
b. sightings of trapped, caged or otherwise restrained birds
(zoo/or rescue/ centre);
c. sightings of oiled, sick or dead birds.
15. Attracting and luring birds with tape recorders or other
audio instruments are prohibited.
16. Night viewing aids other than simple torches and binoculars
will not be permitted.
17. Only land-based transport is to be used.
18. No teams are allowed to stay overnight in the target
19. The arbitrators reserve the right to disqualify any team
that breaches any of the Rules of the ROX BIrd Race Challenge
20. The results of the race would be reviewed by the
arbitrators. Their decisions would be final and no
appeals would be entertained.
21. All participants will receive gift packs from Primer
22. The team with the most number of bird species listed
will be declared ROX Bird Race Challenge winners. Other special awards
will also be given.