3RD PHILIPPINE BIRD FESTIVAL
Meeting Minutes # 2
June 16, 2007
Villa-Real residence, QC
9:00 pm - 12:30 am
Birders: Trinket Canlas, Tere Cervero, Adrian Constantino, Anna
Gonzales, Alex Loinaz, Mike Lu, Mel Tan, Arnel Telesforo, Alice
(L-R) Arnel Telesforo, Tere Cerevro, Alice
Villa-Real, Trinket Canlas,
1. Festival sponsorship letters have been sent to potential sponsors:
Mirant, CEMEX, Ramon Aboitiz Foundation, Department of Tourism-
Cebu, Cebu Mayor's office.
Adri Constantino,Jon Villasper, Mike Lu, Anna Gonzales and Mel
2. Sponsorship packages were pegged accordingly: Main sponsor
@ P 500,00.00, Major sponsor @ P200,000.00, Minor sponsor @ P
100,000.00 and Donor @ P 50,000.00.
3. Sponsorship may be part in cash and part in kind according
to the following options:
- provide transportation to hotel, airport, SRP and Olango
- tender Welcome Dinner for delegates on the eve of the festival
- provide meals/snacks at Olango Island
- sponsor airfreight services
- provide publicity (TV, radio, print) before and during the event
- provide welcome banners at the airport and streamers around
the vicinity of the venues
4. Mirant Foundation have confirmed their interest to be a Main
5. Festival sponsorship letter uploaded on the www.birdwatch.ph
website will be pulled out to avoid misrepresentation by non-WBCP
6. Souvenir program ad sponsorship are pegged accordingly: Full
page @ P 5000.00, Half page @ P 3000.00, Quarter page P 2000.00,
Patron @ P 1000.00. Members support are encouraged.
7. Invitations have been sent to environmental organizations.
Cebu Biodiversity Conservation Foundation (CBCF) and Kaakbay CDI
have confirmed participation as exhibitors.
8. Invitation have also been sent to 5 bird clubs in the region
- Wild Bird Society of Taipei, Hong Kong Birdwatching Society,
Nature Society of Singapore, Malaysian Nature Society, Bird Conservation
Society of Thailand. Feedback was positive and most bird clubs
requested that WBCP organize a 2-day birdwatching trip after the
9. The Wild Bird Society of Taipei confirmed participation with
2 directors and 2 staff members.
10. The Asian Raptor Research Conservation Network (ARRCN) sent
an email to express interest to participate in the festival.
The ARRCN is the organization that studies raptors and monitor
11. Invitations will be sent to 2 LGUs who have previously expressed
desire to host future bird festivals, Malaybalay (Bukidnon) and
Puerto Princesa (Palawan).
12. Revisions to the poster design by Arnel Telesforo were discussed.
The poster will be printed in 2 weeks time and distributed in
Cebu by the 2nd week of July.
13. Cebu-based members Bobby Kintanar and Nilo Arribas will provide
photographs of birds shot on location in Cebu. WBCP will shoulder
developing and framing costs. The framed collection will be left
with the members in Cebu for future exhibits.
14. Jon Villasper will design additional bird tarps and these
will likewise be left in Cebu after the festival for future exhibits.
A set of waterbird designs will be donated to Olango Island Wildlife
15. The club will not invest in festival merchandise however individual
members are encouraged to do so and donate part of their profits
to the club. The club must approve the designs before these are
manufactured. Suggested merchandise are stickers, caps, t-shirts,
pins, mugs, etc. Arnel Telesforo has offered to design t-shirts.
16. Nilo Arribas has been assigned to plan a birdwatching package
for a 2-day trip to Bohol.
17. Jon Villasper, Arnel Telesforo, Ixi Mapua and Mike Lu will
be in Cebu from July 7-8 to meet with members, and potential exhibitors
& sponsors. They will also inspect venue and plan logistics.
18. Suggested activities during the bird festival include coloring,
face-painting, lecture, film-showing, birdquest contest, song-and-dance
19. It was suggested that program hosts should include Bisaya-speakers
ie Nilo Arribas.
20. Souvenir program will be handled by Trinket Canlas and Adri
Constantino. Suggestions and proposed contents must be sent directly