Mike Lu, Balanga City Administrator/Bird
co-chair Rudy de Mesa and Jon Villasper
August 9, 2009
Amanda’s Resort, Abucay, Bataan
1:00 – 3:00 pm
Judy Rosario Dino
Rudy de Mesa
1. Balanga City Administrator Rudy de Mesa presented plans
and proposed activities for the duration of the bird festival.
2. The group went over proposed layout for the booths in
the Capitol oval and selected the design of the booth.
3. Stage design for festival venue was presented and WBCP
members proposed a video montage on the center of the stage
to prepared by Arnel Telesforo.
4. The need for additional sounds and lights will be decided
on the day of ingress and can be sourced from a supplier in
Balanga. Direk Judy will provide extra camera and personnel
from her company. She also requested 4 production assistants
to be sourced from the colleges in Balanga.
5. Genesis Transport has approved the use of 2 buses for
transport between Balanga and Manila and within Balanga. Arnel
Telesforo has submitted an art design to be used on the bus.
6. City of Balanga will host Bird Conservation Forum at the
Silver Room of the Crown Royale Hotel from 2:00pm - 5:00 pm.
Aldrin Mallari will be over-all in charge of the program.
7. On October 9, foreign delegates will take a 10-minute
boat ride on the Talisay River enroute to the Balanga Nature
and Wetland Park where local delegates will welcome their
arrival to symbolize the welcoming of visitors.
8. From the wetland park, delegates will proceed to the city
plaza with street dancing performers following behind. Upon
reaching the plaza, delegates will be driven straight to the
Capitol grounds as the street dancers continue their performance
from the city plaza to the Capitol grounds.
9. For the duration of the 2-day festival, lunch will be
held at the Bulwagan behind the festival venue. Lunch buffet
will be ordered through Tony and Anne’s Catering. Selection
of meals to be decided by WBCP and email to the catering company
10. WBCP requested for 30 volunteers from the universities
to help in assisting the local and foreign exhibitors.
11. The Bataan Artists Society will be tapped to man the
face-painting booth. Designs will be provided by WBCP.
12. Changes in the schedule will be posted on the website
fromtime to time. Other matters to be posted once approved.