|August 30, 2008
9:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Trinket Canlas, Tere Cervero, Adri Constantino, Anna Gonzales,
Alex Loinaz, Mike Lu, Jasmin Meren, Jun Osano, Rich Pijuan,
Lydia Robledo, Felix Servita, Arnel Telesforo, Tintin Telesforo,
Alex Tiongco, Cel Tungol, Alice VIlla-Real, Jon Villasper and
SPONSORSHIP COMMITTEE - Felix Servita
1. Total sponsorship funds received is P 116,000.00. Pledged
sponsorship yet to be received is P 48,000.00.
SOUVENIR PROGRAM - Trinket Canlas & Adri Constantino
1. Draft for souvenir program and Birding Basics brochure approved
and sent back to the printer. Printer committed to deliver orders
by Friday, September 5.
2. Souvenir program (100 pages) costs P 200.00/pc at 500 copies.
Total cost is P 100,000.00.
3. Birding basics brochure costs P 7.50/pc at 3000 copies. Total
cost is P 22,500.00.
EXHIBITOR COMMITTEE - Jhoel Jorda
1. Only the Municipalityof Narra has yet to send delegate list.
2. Follow-up on flight details of delegates to be submitted
to Puerto Princesa Tourism for airport assistance.
3. Follow-up on day-trip preferences of delegates to arrange
4. Letter to be sent to exhibitors to brief them on the festival.
VENUE/EXHIBIT COMMITTEE - Jon Villasper & Arnel Telesforo
1. Festival co-chair Melissa Macasaet informed us that the Coliseum
has its' own security force and the city emergency response
unit is also housed at the coliseum.
2. Jon Villasper submitted 6 designs for the coloring sheets.
Cel Tungol will have 200 copies made per design.
3. Jon Villasper will submit 2 additonal bird tarps and prepare
the venue layout by Friday next week.
4. Festival posters and banners by Arnel Telesforo sent to Puerto
Princesa and already being distributed by Birdwatch Palawan.
5. 150 Festival t-shirts designed by Arnel Telesforo will be
delivered by Friday, Sept 5 and distributed to delegates.
6. Delegate kit to include name tags, souvenir program, list
of delegates, list of volunteers and responsibilities, schedule
of activities, day-trip assignments,
7. WBCP volunteers' responsibilities as follows:
Program Hosts; Robert Alejandro, Anna Gonzlaes, Alice Villa-Real
Director: Judy Rosario Dino
Technical : Adri Constantino, Jun Osano, Arnel Telesforo, Jon
Program runners: Diuvs de Jesus, Jhoel Jorda, Mike Lu, Mel Tan,
Cel Tungol, 2 BWP volunteers
Reception: Carmela Balcazar, Beth Bajit, Rene Bajit, Trinket
Canlas, 2 BWP volunteers
WBCP booth: Kitty Aspelin, Mads Aspelin, Jasmin Meren, Rich
Pijuan, Jenny de VIlla
Local exhibitors assistance: Ronald Altamirano, Lala Espanola,
Linda Gocon, Aldrin Mallari, Raul Puentespina, Tintin Telesforo,
Alex Tiongco, Gerry de Villa
Foreign exhibitors assistance: Tere Cervero, Nicky Icarangal,
Ixi Mapua, Mark Villa
8. Special assistance to foreign exhibtor booth with only one
delegate: Chinese Wild Bird Federation, Bird Conservation Society
of Thailand, Delhi Birds
9. Request WBCP member/photographers to provide WBCP with CD
of their photos after the festival: Nilo Arribas, JP Carino,
Manny Illana, Bobby Kintanar, Alex Loinaz, etc.
PROGRAM COMMITTEE - Alice Villa-Real
September 10, Wednesday
1. Most foreign delegates (except Nature Photographic Society
Singapore) will attend the dinner recption/book launching at
the Grand Ballroom of the Sofitel Philippine Plaza. Delegate
kits will be distributed to them prior to departure for Puerto
September 11, Thursday
1. Puerto Princesa Tourism Department will be welcomed and provided
assistance at the airport. Asturias/Legend Hotels will provide
2. Bird Conservation Forum will be held at the Asturias Hotel
at 2:30 pm. Schedule will be posted on the website.
3. Talk with ARRCN will be scheduled pending inquiry regarding
4. Ingress at the Coliseum the whole day.
5. Welcome Dinner by the City Mayor will be held atthe Asturias
September 12, Friday
1. Updated Opening Ceremonies as follows:
Panata sa Kalikasan
Welcome remarks by Hosts
Remarks by Festival Chair Alice Villa-Real & Melissa Macasaet
Remarks by Mike Lu
Remarks by Team Energy Corporation CEO and President Federico
Remarks by Puerto Princesa City Mayor Edward Hagedorn
2. Lunch will be catered by Balai Inato at P 250.00/head
3. Food concessionaire will be allowed to sell snacks and drinks.
4. BWP has recommended an ethnic musicians' group to perform
during the day.
September 13, Saturday
1. Day trip for Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National
Park will leave hotel at 5:00 am. Complete list of participants
and guides will be posted on the website and on the egroup.
2. Half-day trip for Irawan watershed will leave hotel at 6:00
am. BWP will provide guides.
3. Half-day guided trip for Iwahig will leave hotel at 6:00
4. Afternoon trip to Macasaet farm for delegates who went to
Iwahig and to Irawan.
September 14, Sunday
1. Optional trip to Rasa Island will leave hotel at 5:30 am.
Final meeting will be held on Friday, September 5 at the Villa-Real
T-shirts, souvenir program and other items to be distributed
First wave of festival delegates to depart for Puerto Princesa
on September 6, Saturday.