Meeting Minutes # 6
August 8, 2008
9:00 - 11:00 pm
Mads Aspelin, Kitty Aspelin,Trinket Canlas, Tere Cervero,
Lala Espanola, Dius de Jesus, Jhoel Jorda, Alex Loinaz, Mike
Lu, Jasmin Meren, Rich Pijuan, Felix Servita, Mel Tan, Arnel
Telesforo, Cel Tungol, Alice Villa-Real
SPONSORSHIP COMMITTEE - Felix Servita
- For souvenir program, total collected amount is P 54,000.00
and total pledges is P 77,000.00. Committee members will follow-up
on pledges. Members who have pledged ar requested to handover
their pledges. The total amount received so far is NOT enough
to print the souvenir programs.
- Ramon Aboitiz Foundation and Shell Foundation have pledged
sponsorship as minor sponsor and donor respectively.
EXHIBITORS -Jhoel Jorda, Cel Tungol, Mike Lu
- Local exhibitors including WBCP total 14
Team Energy Foundation, Katala Foundation, Birdwatch Palawan,
Cebu Biodiversity Conservation Foundation, WWF-Philippines,
Conservation International, Tubbataha Reef Marine Natural
Park Office, Isla Biodiversity Conservation, My Zoo Foundation,
Philippine Butterfly Habitat Conservation Society, Municipality
fo Taytay, Western Philippines University, Artribe, Wild Bird
Club of the Philippines
- Pending organization: Municipality of Narra
- Foreign exhibitors total 8
Asian Raptor Research and Conservation Network, Chinese Wild
Bird Federation, Wild Bird Society of Taipei, Xiamen Birdwatching
Society, Bird Conservation Society of Thailand, Delhi Birds,
Nature Society (Singapore), Nature Photgraphic Society (Singapore)
- Jhoel Jorda will assist loal delegates and Cel Tungol will
assist foreign delegates
RESERVATIONS - Lydia Robledo and Mike Lu
- Lydia submitted the list of bookings and club cheque issued
to Mike for shouldering the payment
- Delegates from ARRCN and Xiamen are the first to submit
their flight details. DOT will render airport asistance to
all foreign delegates
- WBCP delegates rooming finalized
SOUVENIR PROGRAM - Trinket Canlas
- Just a few pending articles to be followed-up and ads to
be submitted by persons who pledged sponsorship. Lay-out work
initiated. To be submitted to printers before last week of
VENUE/EXHIBITS - Arnel Telesforo
- Birdwatch Palawan suggested that a roof be constructed over
the booths for aesthetic purposes. Learning from the Cebu
Birdfest where tents were used, WBCP suggests instead that
a decorative roof be constructed in the front part of the
booth wothout affecting the lighting inside the booth.
- Arnel Telesforo to layout and print the posters and banners
next week pending final submission of logos from sponsors
and exhibitors. WBCP plan to print 200 posters and 2 banners.
The banners is proposed to be posted at the City Hall and
at the Coliseum.
- Jon VIllasper is working on the bird tarps, coloring sheets,
and kid activity section for the souvenir progam. Sticker
designs will be ready next week for printing.
- Alfred Sy, coliseum administrator confirmed that there is
an LCD projector for our use.
PROGRAM - Alice VIlla-Real
September 11 (Thursday)
- Ingress at Coliseum
- Meeting with ARRCN regarding Raptor Migration Monitoring
program (venue and time to be decided)
- Bird Conservation Forum (as submitted by Aldrin Mallari
and BWP president Ranier Manalo)
1. The intent of the forum is to distill bird conservation
issues in Palawan from panel discussions and highlight needs
for bird conservation in Palawan. Proposed to start at 2:30
pm at the Asturias Hotel.
2. Target audience: Barangay officials (Chairman and environment
officer) of Important Biridng Sites in Palawan, academe, TMO,
City and Provincial Agriculture Office, BFAR, CENROs, PENRO,
City and Municipal ENRO, PCSDS, CI, WWF, PATGA, City and Provincial
Tourism, HOBBAI, PPA, PNP, School Administrators, AVSECOM,
Palawan Press Club. WBCP and festival exhibitors are also
invited to attend.
3. Moderated by Aldrin Mallari. More details regarding program
flow to follow.
- Welcome Dinner by Puerto Princesa City Mayor Edward Hagedorn.
Venue to be announced.
September 12 (Friday)
- Chary Dino assigned as floor director
- Mel Tan and Cel Tungol volunteered to be stage runners,
more volunteer work to be identified for members to fill-in/assigned
- Program hosts will be Robert Alejandro and Anna Gonzales.
BWP members will be asked if they would like to host also.
- Opening Ceremonies as follows:
Welcome Remarks by program hosts
Parade of delegates
Welcome Remarks by Festival Chair Alice Villa-Real
Welcome Remarks by WBCP president Mike Lu (to include introduction
Remarks by PP City Mayor Edward Hagedorn
Gift of appreciation to the Mayor
- BWP lecture title is " Palawan: kakaIBA" IBA pertains
to Important Bird Area.
- Fellowship Dinner to be sponsored by the ROX at Legend Hotel.
Program will include handing of gift of appreciation to sponsors
Team Energy, RAFI, Landco, Shell, ROX
September 13 (Saturday)
- DOT is only sponsoring 4 vans to Puerto Princesa Subterranean
River National Park
- Lydia Robledo suggested a half-day trip to Irawan watershed.
Will ask BWP to assist guiding delegates.
- Alice will conduct a guided trip for teachers to Iwahig
with assistance from BWP
- Farewell Dinner by DOT at Badjao Restaurant
September 14 (Sunday)
- Optional trip to Rasa Island with Katala Foundation
SCHOOLS - Joie Matillano
- Invitations have been sent to schools.